Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Brothers Grimm Project

In 1812 the Brothers Grimm published their first collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales. To celebrate the 200th anniversary this year, the Goethe Institute San Francisco will be hosting a Brother's Grimm themed exhibition in April and they were so nice to invite me to participate.
So this is what I have been doing, in case you were wondering.

You should know that my very first drawings - when I started this career at age 2 1/2- were of princesses and castles, so by now it is a topic well explored and therefore I have decided to experiment with the medium.


And vwala... here are some images of my first Scherenschnitte ever, please excuse the rough edges, I think I am getting better but it could just be the enthusiasm:










No comments:

Post a Comment